Friday 22 September , 2017

General Info

Addresses and Bureaucracy

Addresses, timetables, information and instructions you are going to need

If I don’t know where to sleep the first night? Which offices should I visit when I get to Padova? Which documents are needed for the registration? In this page you can find the answers to these questions; continue reading…


Temporary Accommodation

Usually the first problem to solve is where to sleep the first nights before finding a house. Cheap solutions are B&Bs, rooms in private apartments with breakfast included. Visit the web page where you can find a list of hotels and B&Bs in Padova and surroundings. Two cheap solutions are:

Ostello della Gioventù

Via Aleardi, 30 - Padova

Tel: +39 049/8752219    Fax: +39 049/654210
e-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it


Casa a Colori (also to book a place in apartments (with double rooms) for long period, in Padova)

Via Del Commissario 42 - 35124 Padova

email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it


Casa Valentini Terrani

Via de Menabuoi 64 - 35132 Padova

email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it


Arrival to Padova

Once arrived to Padova, go to SASSA office:

  • Ø Students who were assigned a place in an ESU Residence/Apartment: to sign the assignation paper and get your personal card.
  • Ø Students who didn’t get a place in an Esu Residence and have sent the accommodation form in time: SASSA will help you in the research of a place in a private apartment.
  • Ø Students who already found a place in a private apartment (even though you don’t need SASSA’s help): fill in the documentation for the registration at University

At your arrival SASSA Service will give you a blue folder containing all the documents for the appointment scheduled with:

International Relations Service University of Padova                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Via VIII Febbraio 2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        tel. +39 049 8273061-2-3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Fax +39 049 8273060                                                                                                          

Passport-size photographs

You will probably need a few passport- size photographs. If you don’t have any you can go to an automatic box at the train station, at the Registry Office (situated in Piazza Capitaniato, 2/19) and in many supermarkets or shopping centres. You can have 4/6 photos with about 5 €.

Medical care

In case of urgent medical care the student, provided with the European Health Insurance Card (TEAM), can go directly to the hospital’s first aid. Erasmus students can have a free health insurance, without going to the first aid, by presenting the European Health Insurance Card. The student can go directly to any ambulatory in the city and avail of a personal doctor. Here you can find the list of general practitioners operating with the SSN you can address to:

Ufficio Rapporti Internazionali della ASL (Azienda Sanitaria Locale)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Via degli Scrovegni, 12                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Dal lunedì al venerdì dalle 8.30 alle 12.00                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            lunedì e giovedì anche il pomeriggio dalle 14.30 alle 16.30.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             tel. +39 049 8214024, +39 049 8214111

Codice fiscale

In many cases (when signing a contract, buying something important…) it is necessary to have a Social Security Number (Codice Fiscale). Getting this document is quite easy: you just have to go to the front office provided with your Identity Card (EU citizens) or passport ( non EU citizens):

Agenzia delle Entrate Via Turazza, 37                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       tel. +39 049 7911501, +39 049 7911511                                                                                                                                                                                                                from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 12.30                                                                                                                                                                                                                      from Monday to Wednesday from 15.00 to 17.00.

Bureaucracy: registration at university and permit of stay

When coming to our office, besides the help in finding accommodation, the students gets help in collecting the documents and filling in the forms needed for the registration at the University of Padova and, in case of non EU students, in getting the permit of stay released by the Police administrative service (Questura).

EU Students

Students coming from EU countries need:

• The declaration of the home University reporting your LLP/Erasmus student status (or any other kind of exchange project) and the duration of staying;

• A copy of your identity card or passport, valid for the whole period of staying in Italy;

• Health insurance: a copy of your European Health Insurance Card (TEAM)

Non EU students

Students coming from non EU countries need:

• 4 passport- size photographs;

• The declaration of the home University reporting your LLP/Erasmus student status (or any other kind of exchange project) and the duration of staying;

• A copy of your passport valid for the whole period of staying in Italy and the visa issued for study purposes;

• A copy of visa issued for study purposes. COMPULSORY even for students who are staying less than 3 months in Italy;

• Copy of the private insurance authenticated by the console or Italian embassy of your country of residence. As well, a translation to a language accepted by the Police administrative service (English, French, German, Spanish) of the insurance (only the parts of the contract concerning the Italian sanitary authorities).

Erasmus Mundus Students

Students coming from non European countries are also asked for:

• Plane tickets used to get to Italy;

• Bank details (bic/swift) of the european account.

It is not possible to obtain the permit of stay if the translation of the insurance and/or of the visa are missing.